Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Anatomy review

Years of anatomay have gone by yet here it comes back again. We studied tadashina (tada I'm standing).   This is a cross between Inengar yoga, yoga therapy, pilates, Alexander and more. Who would have thought that so much was involved in just one pose.  My anatomy discovery brain is in heaven. I so love learning.
       This afternoon we were given the principles of yoga. the first sutra
Non-violence aka loving kindness or also known as protect your self and others from harm.
For me translates as be kind to yourself and others.  There are many more principles but I need time to discipher before I can pass on accurately to you.
      Tonight the night sky was knotted with lightening followed by tropical down pour. We are all settling into group meals, early rising, outdoor showers, afternoon dips in the ocean and watching the local children play with the stray dogs. Staff are so friendly here and we are definitely being treated with loving kindness.
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. May you be filled with gratitude for how far you have come on your journey of life. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment