Sunday, November 24, 2013

Inner Sanctum: I will be off soon on Friday. Starting to pack. Ru...

Inner Sanctum: I will be off soon on Friday. Starting to pack. Ru...: I will be off soon on Friday. Starting to pack. Running around like a squirrel. Lots of long flights ahead and airports & passport. &amp...


DAy #1 in Bangkok 12 hrs
Hi There, I made it to Bangkok. Long flights and found some American girls and we navigated the airports together. Everything is in Chinese (duh) fortunately there is lots of translation and people are helpful. Thank you in Thai is  "calm coon cup". No is Mika, Yes is Chai. That is the extent of my Thai so far. Still trying to figure out how to get into my blog site. Today fly out to the island, take a boat and then hopefully arrive at resort. Yoga teaching starts on Tuesday. Thick and muggy here and overcast with potential for rain. Internet maybe spotty once I get to the island. Off on second round of adventure. All for now. Lee Ann

She flew miles to find herself
She was quiet
She listened
She listened some more
and found the spark of herself she had lost 
and said hello, oh there you are

Here is the story of today. DAY #2 Lee Ann
      I mixed up my arrival dates and booked a hotel in Bangkok when I was actually flying in the air. Oops that fine print Damn, but found they were willing to take me in even though it was 2:00am, but then I had to fly out today to Ko Samui so didn't have time to do anything in Bangkok yet, but will do so with my sister.  The adventure of getting to Ko Samui was that. Got on early flight thinking that that might help w getting earlier ferry. It turns out last ferry of day was cancelled.  So found other guy and 3 others from Russia who also needed to get there too. We could rent a boat but 10 people was minimum  2 hours later, sunset coming upon us, and with beautiful people needed sign I made we were on our way. 12 min later we arrived all smiles with the refreshing breeze we landed handed suitcases over board and had arrived.  "how do I now get to the sanctuary" (I hear Quasi Mottos cry in my head "Sanctuary". "Sancturary) A man points walk 300 kilo to where the ocean is again and you will see a boat. Walked through t-shirt, fast food mania, to indeed find a beach. Asked about boat. Captain said how many. One he said wait, you wait for more. Fortunately another gentleman showed up a few minutes later and we tried to negotiate a price but the sky was black, stars were out and both of us were eager to be settled. Off we went on the 2nd boat ride of the evening to pull up to resort beach reminding me a bit of Disneyland. Plopped off over the side, feet curling in wet sand and shlepped backpacks to the front desk. Quickly I was ushered up a billy goat trail in bare feet to my cabin with electric fan, mosquite net, hammock, and outdoor showers & sinks.  The evening air is full of frogs and insects tuning up their orchestra hopefully w/o the hum of mosquitoes. This is were I'll be for the next 3 weeks.Lee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment